Continuing Education for Appraisers
Continuing Education: Number of Hours Required.
All certified general real property appraisers, certified residential real property appraisers, licensed real property appraisers, and associate real property appraisers and reciprocal shall:
(1) Complete fourteen (14) hours* of approved continuing education each license year; and
(2) Furnish the board with proof of compliance.
*Every even number renewal (2020, 2022, 2024 etc), all credential holders shall successfully complete the seven (7) hour National USPAP Update course, or its equivalent by May 31. The course will be awarded for 7 hours of the required 14 hours of CE.
National USPAP Update Information
Important Information regarding the 7 hour National USPAP Update course required completion date.
All Kentucky Licensed/Certified Appraisers, including Associates and reciprocal, shall complete the 7-Hour National USPAP Course, or its equivalent approved by the AQB, between January 1st and May 31st of each even number year (example 2020, 2022, 2024 etc.).
The language shall allow Kentucky Licensed and Certified Appraisers to receive credit for the AQB approved 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course if the course is completed prior to January 1 of an even numbered year and provided the course includes the USPAP Update material that will be effective January 1 of the even numbered year following the course completion date.
The revised rule shall apply to “all” Kentucky certified and licensed appraisers, 1) regardless of when a credential was first received, 2) regardless of whether the certificate holder is a Kentucky resident, 3) whether the credential was received by reciprocity from another State, or 4) regardless of when a Kentucky credential holder last completed the 15-hour USPAP Course or the 7-Hour USPAP Update Course.
Equivalency shall be determined through the Appraiser Qualifications Board Course Approval Program or by an alternate method established by the AQB.
- USPAP continuing education credit shall only be awarded when the class is instructed by an AQB Certified Instructor who is also a State Certified General Real Property Appraiser or a State Certified Residential Real Property Appraiser.
- The board shall defer continuing education requirements for up to 180 days for credential holders returning from active military duty.
- Credit for repeating the same course title and content within a twenty-four month (24) period shall not be granted.